Congratulations to Dr. Payne
It is with mixed emotions we are announcing the retirement of Professor, Dr. Pearl Payne.
Please join us in wishing her all the best with her retirement!
Dr. Kalinski, Chair AHS, honoring Dr. Payne
From the Chair of AHS:
- Professor Pearl Payne is an MSU alum, earning both her BS and MS in speech-language pathology.
- Professor Payne earned her Ph.D. from UT Knoxville and although she returned to Murray and supports the Racers she still bleeds orange!
- Since her return to MSU Dr. Payne has been invaluable to the CDI program, department, college and university, serving as program director for CDI as well as Department Chair.
- Professor Payne is the president of the Black Faculty Staff Association and serves on the Presidents Commission for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Professor Payne was also very active with the Kentucky Speech and Hearing Association serving on the board in multiple roles over the last ten years.
- Professor Payne has also served on several national committees for the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- Dr. Payne has been particularly fond of getting the intro students excited about the profession.
- Professor Payne is a talented writer and has many publications!
The CDI faculty appreciates the many contributions Professor Payne has made over the years and she will be missed! We hope she stays connected with the program and program faculty!