|All CDI students, friends, and alumni are invited!|
Saturday, November 30, 2013
Our Dudes Do Speech Therapy Too!
We had a great time at ASHA! Jasmine, Megan and I went to Chicago and learned so much! We also had the opportunity to visit with many of our former students! Oh by the way we were also recruiting for our newly opened Ph.D. position. During one the many adventures we had, several young men who were enthusiastic about the profession told us about Dudes Do Speech Therapy Too. This is a Youtube video showcasing males in the field.
MSU CDI is proud to showcase our Dudes!
We have two we are proud to call our own:
Dr. Steve Branson & John P. Thompson!
|Click on image to link to video! Enjoy.|
|John P.Thompson- AAC Instructor|
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Introducing The MSU CDI Alumni Advisory Council!The Communication Disorders Program is thrilled to announce the formation of the inaugural Alumni Advisory Council! The current faculty and staff of the program are dedicated to building a strong community of CDI graduate alumni. We value your expert opinions and insights and enjoy hearing about your professional and personal successes.
|Stephanie Hobbs, Cheryl Crouch, Kristen Wheeler, Natasha Henry, MaryAlexia Wells, Donna Alexander|
Not Pictured: Carla Heckman, Erin DeLancey & D'arcy Belt
The purpose of the council is to advance, strengthen and promote the MSU CDI Program. We enthusiastically support the MSU CDI Alumni Advisory Council's connections with graduate students, graduate faculty, alumni and community stakeholders as they strengthen our program's local, regional and state presence.
Help us stay in touch with you
by updating your personal and
professional contact information.
Use the tab on this blog " Connect"
to provide your email address and stay connected!
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Congratulations to Dr. Payne
It is with mixed emotions we are announcing the retirement of Professor, Dr. Pearl Payne.
Please join us in wishing her all the best with her retirement!
Dr. Kalinski, Chair AHS, honoring Dr. Payne
From the Chair of AHS:
- Professor Pearl Payne is an MSU alum, earning both her BS and MS in speech-language pathology.
- Professor Payne earned her Ph.D. from UT Knoxville and although she returned to Murray and supports the Racers she still bleeds orange!
- Since her return to MSU Dr. Payne has been invaluable to the CDI program, department, college and university, serving as program director for CDI as well as Department Chair.
- Professor Payne is the president of the Black Faculty Staff Association and serves on the Presidents Commission for Diversity and Inclusion.
- Professor Payne was also very active with the Kentucky Speech and Hearing Association serving on the board in multiple roles over the last ten years.
- Professor Payne has also served on several national committees for the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
- Dr. Payne has been particularly fond of getting the intro students excited about the profession.
- Professor Payne is a talented writer and has many publications!
The CDI faculty appreciates the many contributions Professor Payne has made over the years and she will be missed! We hope she stays connected with the program and program faculty!